PLEASE NOTE: Bookings are temporarily suspended.
Our Explore the Outback camel safaris are based in
northern South Australia near Port Augusta, and operate from
May through to September every year.
We employ experts in outback desert ecology and cultural
history to lead the safaris to provide you with a rewarding
and educational adventure.
Entirely self contained, our camels carry everything including
water, food, sleeping equipment and most importantly, you.
We travel into highly valued pristine desert landscapes where
remoteness and unspoilt wilderness will surround you.
You simply cannot match these features anywhere:
- entirely self contained, camels carry everything
- no vehicular back-up needed
- comfortable single seat trek-saddles
- remote desert landscapes
- Eco accredited at the highest level
- ATB accredited
- professional ecological and cultural interpretation
- easy access from all Australian cities
- meals to suit all dietary requirements
- safe for children and all ages
- reliable communication systems
You can easily join us for four (or more) full camel-riding
days in this spectacular outback wilderness ..... in perfect
Getting to Explore the Outback is easy. Port Augusta
is the true cross-roads of Australia as it sits on
the junction of the East-West and North-South arterial highways
...... or you can fly from Adelaide via Sharp Airlines.
It's that easy. Join us for desert camel trekking fun, adventure